KA220-YOU – Cooperation partnerships in youth
CZAS TRWANIA: 30-04-2022 – 30-03-2024
Mental health problems affect some 84 million people across the EU (over 1/3 of people in most countries). They can have a wide-ranging devastating effects on people’s lives, even leading to suicide (1 every 40 seconds, globally).Young people, women & disadvantaged groups are considered to be most at risk. The Health at a Glance Europe 2020 report noted that COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent economic crisis have exacerbated the burden of mental ill-health, as habits significantly worsened: social distancing, confinement conditions, lack of physical activities, etc. WHO states that 3 out of 4 people suffering from major depression do not receive adequate treatment and total costs of mental illness treatments are estimated at over 600 billion € in the EU. Mental health awareness is increasing around the world and especially in Europe. Our partnership would like to help prevent this burden and build a solid emotional base for young people.
- Improve youth’s learning quality, inclusion and wellbeing by including Emotional Management tools in the training process.To achieve this objective, we will carry out 1 training course in Spain.
- Increase involved entities’ knowledge about the Emotional Management work with specific disadvantaged target groups. To achieve this objective, we will carry out 2 participatory visits, one in Hungary and one in Poland.
- Provide basic non-formal education tools on Emotional Management to youngsters and youth workers through the Online Platform. The Online Platform will compile information gathered during the 3 learning activities to create relevant new material. It will include practical exercises.
- Raising awareness of the importance of Emotional Management and contributing to a high quality non-formal youth education, especially targeting its decision makers.
- Supply other European youth workers and youngsters with new, enriched Emotional Management approaches and techniques.
To reach the project’s objectives, we set some their specific goals and expected results:
- We will carry out training activities on techniques and approaches to foster youth’s emotional management.
- We will carry out training activities on techniques and approaches to foster disadvantaged youngsters’ Emotional Management.
- We will combine the knowledge acquired during the training activities to create relevant new material for the Emotional Management of disadvantaged youth and women, in an Online Platform.
- We will consolidate the new knowledge and skills acquired by young participants by applying them, while working with the entities’ beneficiaries and communities.
- We will carry out internal workshops to further transfer the new methodology to the rest of the staff, young people and decision makers.
- We will carry out a strong dissemination campaign at local/regional/national and international levels and multiplier events to promote the Online Platform.
- Fundacja Laja, Cieszyn (Poland)
- Plataforma de Alternativas Sostenibles y Solidarias – PASOS, Polanco (Spain)
- Tudás Alapítvány, Hódmezővásárhely (Hungary):
- 1st (online) meeting: 19th August, 2022
- Kick-off meeting: 28th September – 1st October, 2022 (Santander, Spain)
- 2nd meeting: 22-25th May, 2023 (Hódmezővásárhely, Hungary)
- Final meeting: 11-14th March, 2024 (Cieszyn, Poland)
- 14-18th November, 2022 (Hódmezővásárhely, Hungary)
- 20-28th April, 2023 (Penagos, Spain)
- 17-21st July, 2023 (Cieszyn, Poland)